Top 10 Easy Things YOU can do to Homeschool without a “lesson!”
1. Put a world map on the kitchen table under contact paper.
2. Use a + and – die in addition (or subtraction, haha) to your two dice in dice games. They will need to add or subtract to figure out how many places to move their piece forward on the game board.
3. Put memorization posters in the bathroom across from toilet or in the shower in page protectors.
4. Pay with cash at the store and teach your child to count back change. Let them keep the change if they get the right answer.
5. Purchase a timeline and hang it on your hallway wall.
6. Learning to Read: Label objects around the house (ex: window, wall, door, etc.)
7. Learning to Read: Watch television with the Closed Caption turned on.
8. Listen to audio books in the car.
9. Set books on the couch that you want your children to read. They will when you aren’t looking. It works better than telling them to read a certain book.
10. Youtube! We have found math, science and history videos on youtube.